Saturday, 5 March 2016

I love the design of these small birds.
I finished it for pin keeps.


My blog: Tussie Mussie

Friday, 4 March 2016

I loved stitching this.....

Hello fellow Prairie Schoolers,

Well, I am quite early, for me, in posting this month - Yay!  At the end of last month I was scrabbling for what to stitch for March's theme for the Christmas Ornie SAL - Santa and/or one or some of his helpers, when I turned to my old faithful, Prairie Schooler, and found Book #63  Christmas Samplers

And then my eye was caught by the middle sampler, "The Night before Christmas" and then I saw Santa on his sleigh with three of his reindeers and Bingo!  There was my March choice.

I went to my stash and found some great Crafty Kitten overdyed 32 ct blue linen and two days later I was finished!  Woo Hoo!

(It is much bluer than this - if I get a chance to take a better pic later, I will!)

This piece, of course, also counts for  for DUCJFC2016.

Can't wait to see what everyone else stitches this month.

hugs, Kaye

Autumn from Book 50

I started this last fall but put it down when I started stitching Christmas things.  That Indian corn was a little fiddly.  ;-)  I have visions of "finishing" this in a wreath similar to what Priscilla did. She's such an inspiration!

Priscilla's blog

Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Winter's Eve

I think I am hooked!!  My latest finish is another Prairie Schooler design... "Winter's Eve".  I stitched this as my Feb ornie for the JCS SAL on FB.

"Winter's Eve" - The Prairie Schooler
Just Cross Stitch Christnas 2015
I stitched this design on a piece of Navy 14ct Aida.... I haven't stitched on Aida for so long so it was quite nice to do so for a change!

The eagled eyed amongst you may notice a mistake or two... and a change in colour!  The bunny and smoke are supposed to be DMC3022 but as I didn't have that in my stash I changed both out.  I think I should have used a darker brown for the bunny as he blends a bit in the snow!

The main boo-boo was just a bit too major to frog everything so I have left it.... for some reason the house is out and of course that put everything else out!!  I stitched the border counting from the roof and then when it came to doing the trees I discovered my error! Oops.... never mind I think it still looks ok with the tree tops right up to the top of the border! :o)

So what PS design next I wonder....

See you all again real soon (I hope!)
Hugs xx